The focus of this workshop is the heating and air conditioning systems in your house. How to maintain your house and how to expand on what you already have. This hands-on workshop has a strong emphasis on safety and will include:
- Building an understanding of how your HVAC system works
- Learning how to correctly maintain your systems for maximum efficiency
- Understanding the difference between the different types of thermostats
- Taking apart an existing system to build a better foundation for troubleshooting
- Tricks on checking your house for air leaks and how to correct this to improve air flow
Each workshop will begin with an introductory course to hand and power tools and you will go home with plenty of resources to help further your HVAC understanding! The goal of this workshop is to build a comfort level with the systems in your own home and to help make informed decisions when talking with a contractor. All skill levels are encouraged!
Class size is limited and preregistration is strongly recommended!
This class is taught by industry professionals, and offered through Central Ohio Women in the Trades.